Professional Women's Group
Success is not only about getting a job; it's about building a career.
Women making the transition from unemployment to work face myriad challenges, from understanding corporate culture to handling personal finances, often without any support systems in place to help them navigate this daunting change.
The Dress for Success Professional Women's Group (PWG) supports our clients during this critical time by providing information that will help women unfamiliar with the workplace continue to develop skills and advance in their careers. The PWG offers members a comfortable atmosphere in which they can share, grow and network with other women who have recently made the same transition into the workforce.
Since membership is reciprocal in every PWG location, members have an infrastructure and support system in place when they move to another part of the U.S. and Canada.
- Membership is open to Dress for Success clients who have successfully gained employment.
- Each regularly scheduled meeting consists of two key elements: an expert speaker leading a discussion and a networking period.
- Meetings cover a variety of subjects and activities that promote professional development.
- Topics include communication skills, the written and unwritten rules of the workplace, childcare issues, financial planning, stress management, and juggling responsiblities, among others.
- PWG members have lifelong access to resources that will help them further their personal and professional growth.
For meeting dates and topics, check the Event Calendar. If you would like to join the Professional Women's Group, contact Alena O'Donnell at (513) 322-1791 or firstname.lastname@example.org.